We are what we eat. Food has the ability to influence – positively or negatively – each cell and organic system in our body. Our choice can make us tired and bloated or light and energized. It helps us feel calm and clear minded or contributes to exhaustion. We make the choice if our body will look slim and skin shiny or we will have problems with weight gain and unclear skin.
Superfoods are nutrient the richest food on the planet. Superfoods are wholefoods, minimal processed food, plant-based, containing a wide range of health-beneficial substances, including essential vitamins and minerals, fat with anti-inflammatory functioning, easy to digest proteins and fibers for healthy heart and lifeblood. Superfoods mention in here are rich with phytonutrients and antioxidants, which neutralize harmful free radicals and protect cells from damage.
- Eat real food
- Eat more plants
- Buy seasonal and locally
- Choose organic
- Upgrade diet with superfood
- Eat with pleasure
They are excellent at slowing down the aging process. Super-berries are full of antioxidants and phytonutrients. They help to maintain slim figure and not to gain weight. Eat at least 1 or 2 portion of this superfood a day.
- Acai – superberry of youth
- Blueberry – superberry for superbrain
- Camu camu – superberry rich with vitamin C
- Cranberry – fight infection naturally
- Goji berries – superberry of vitality
- Inca berries – sweet sour superberry
- Maqui – rich with antioxidants
- Mulberries – superberry for super heart
- Sea Buckthorn – multivitamin superberry
Rich with antioxidants and phytonutrients. Some of them: avocados, cacao, coconut, olives, are also rich with essential fatty acids.
- Avocados – for healthy heart
- Cacao – for heart and soul
- Cherries – anti-inflammatory
- Coconut – beauty
- Cupuacu – superfruit on the rise
- Mangosteen – queen of fruits
- Grape – for healthy heart
- Noni – superfruit from Polynesia
- Olive – superfruit from Mediterranean
- Pomegranate – miraculous superfruit
They are full of iron, calcium, vitamin K and numerous others vitamins and minerals, essential for healthy blood and bones. They also contain phytonutrients with anticancer activity and plant pigment chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is responsible for the green color and at the same time it binds toxins in order to remove them out of body.
- Spirulina – anti-inflammatory
- Broccoli sprouts – anticancer
- Dandelion – healthy kidneys
- Kale – King of greens
- Spinach – super greens for the beginners
- Chlorine – rich with iron
Super Vegetables And Super Legumes
They contain active substances, which strengthen and support our body. Carob soothes the digestive system, maca protects from the stress, see vegetables contains naturally occurring iodine, which is needed for the functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Carob – nutritious substitute for chocolate
- Maca – adaptogen super tuber
- Mesquite – low glycemic index
- Mushrooms – strong immune system
- Sea vegetables (green algae, brown algae, red algae) – rich with minerals
- Pumpkins – anticancer
- Yacón – probiotic super tuber
Super Nuts And Super Seeds
Food that increases strength and stamina. They provide easy digestible protein, which are responsible for the construction and renewal of tissues. These proteins are full of polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acids, which suppress inflammatory processes. Include 1 or 2 fists of super nuts and seeds in your everyday diet.
- Chia seeds – sustainable energy
- Flax seeds – full of lignan
- Hemp seeds – rich with proteins and fat
- Quinoa – perfect protein superfood
- Sacha inchi seeds – new superfood on the horizon
- Sesame seeds – rich with lignan
- Walnuts – nut king
Super Spices And Super Herbs
Super spices and herb enrich meals with flavor and with their nutritional power. Because of their extremely antioxidant and anti-inflammatory characteristics, they neutralize free radicals and are suppress inflammatory processes. We can add as many super spices and herbs to our food as we want – for better taste and our health.
- Cayenne pepper – painkillers
- Cinnamon – lowers blood sugar
- Garlic – miraculous cure of nature
- Ginger – anti-inflammatory
- Oregano – rich with antioxidants
- Curcuma – anti-inflammatory
Super tonic is a drink that revives, renews, refreshes and stimulates. They offer quick and easily accessible source of nutrients. All we have to do is to drink it.
- Aloe Vera – healing super tonic
- Green tea – rich with catechin
- Wheatgrass – green super tonic
- Vinegar – fermented super tonic
Source: Lauri Boone, Powerful Plant-Based Superfoods